The UK Gambling Commission or known as UKGC is the official regulator of all types gambling activities in the United Kingdom. Begun in 2005, they run under the Gambling Act 2005 with the main purposes to ensure that the gambling is fair, safe, and crime-free.
They prioritize protecting people from any casino frauds. That is why, in this article, we will introduce you to the one of online casino licenses and explain what is inside of this regulator.
UK Gambling Commission: The Most Trusted Gambling License
The UK Gambling Commission is an independent, non-departmental public body that is sponsored by the Department for DCMS or Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport. They have the power to give the licenses, make fines, revoke the licenses, and also prosecute any illegal activities.
They also advise the government on the gambling policy and legislation. Moreover, UKGC conducts research and surveys on the gambling behavior and trends. They regulate all types of gambling in several countries, especially in the UK. The regulation includes online and offline casinos, lotteries, bingo, sports betting, and more.
You will supervise the National Lottery, which is operated by Camelot Group under a separate license. The UKGC works closely with other authorities and organizations to ensure the effectiveness of the regulation and enforcement of gambling laws.
Moreover, the UKGC is funded by fees paid by licensed casino operators which are based on the annual gross gambling yield or GGY. The fees start from £2,640 to £512,083, depending on the type and size of the casino.
Like other online casino license, the UK Gambling Commision is committed to being transparent and accountable to the government, public, and gambling industry. Therefore, they will open for some reports and data on its website, such as:
- Annual reports and accounts that provide an overview of the UKGC’s achievements, performance, and also financial statements.
- Industry statistics to provide detailed information on the growth, size, and trends of the gambling industry in the UK.
- Enforcements report that provide the summaries of the UK Gambling Commission regulatory actions and outcomes against the operators who breach the license conditions and codes practice.
- Public statements will provide updates on the UKGC’s ongoing investigations, consultations, and also the policy changes.
For your information, the UKGC also engages with a number of stakeholders and partners, such as the parliament, government, industry, and other regulators. The UKGC will conduct regular consultations and surveys to collect the feedback and opinions from different groups and individuals.
As we have mentioned above, according to the Gambling Act 2005 and the LCCP, the UK Gambling Commission regulates the gambling market in the UK. The Gambling Act 2005 sets out the legal framework and the objectives of UKGC, meanwhile, the LCCP sets out the specific rules and standards that the online casino must follow.
In addition, the UKGC will monitor and enforce the compliance of the online casino operators with the LCCP through some methods, such as:
- License applications and renewals that require the casino operators to provide information and evidence of their integrity, suitability, and competence.
- Compliance assessments and audits that involve the UKGC’s staff will visit and inspect the casino’s premises, records, and also records.
- Thematic reviews and investigations that focus on specific areas or issues of concern, such as customer interaction, money laundering, or self-exclusion.
- Complaints and disputes that allow the players and the casinos to raise and resolve any issues with the UKGC’s assistance.
- Whistleblowing and intelligence that enable the UK Gambling Commission to get and act on any information or allegations of wrongdoing or malpractice from the casino operators, the players, and the public.
Like PAGCOR license online gaming, UK Gambling Commission also has their own services. Their various services and resources to the casino operators and the customers to support their gambling experience, such as:
- Licensing and Registration – This service is to allow the casino operators and the players to apply for and manage their licenses and also accounts online.
- Guidance and Information – It offers the casino operators and the players useful and up-to-date information on the gambling regulations, rules, and policies.
- Education and Awareness – This service will deliver to the casino operators and the players educational and awareness-raising material and campaigns on the gambling harms, risks, and responsibilities.
- Support and Assistance – It will refer the casino operators and the players to the appropriate sources of help and advice on the gambling issues, such as dispute resolution, problem gambling, and also self-exclusion.
Best Online Casinos are Licensed by UKGC
As we know that the UK Gambling Commission is the official authority that regulates and licenses all types of gambling in the UK, there are many best online casinos that you can visit. Don’t worry, all those casinos are fair, safe, and responsible gambling. Here are some of them that you can visit today:
KingdomAce Casino is licensed by UK Gambling Commission and offers a 100% up to £100 + 200 Free Spins Welcome Bonus. This online casino provides over 600 games from the most reputable softwares, such as Thunderkick, NextGen, and ELK Studios.
Rhino Casino is the best online casino that is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. They offer up to 75 Free Spins on players’ first deposit and over 500 games from reputable developers, such as Red Tiger, Pragmatic Play, and Evolution Gaming.
This online casino also offers Welcome Bonus 100% up to £25 + 25 Free Spins on the first deposit. HeySpin Casino offers over 800 games from top developers, such as Microgaming, NetEnt, and Play’n GO.
To sum up everything about UK Gambling Commission, it is the official authority that regulates and licenses all types of gambling in the UK. The UKGC will ensure that gambling is open, fair, and safe for all players. In addition, the UKGC oversees and enforces the Gambling Act 2005 and the LCCP.
In addition, UKGC is transparent and accountable to the government, public, players, and the industry. This authority is an essential and influential regulation that impacts and shapes the gambling industry in the UK and beyond.